Thursday, July 19, 2012

Episode 52: I would like to open a tab

Hi Everyone,

I created a blog spot to store some of the “Tips of the Day” outside of our domain. This will make it easier for most of you (not on our sdcoe domain) to find older tips of the day. Go to http://rop-tipoftheday.blogspot.com/. Now that I’m looking at them outside of my email, some of the tips are too long. Sorry, I’ll try to keep future tips short and to the point.

Open in new tab:
Have you done a web search on your mobile device and you want to keep the results window open. Try click and hold on the link to open in new tab.

Floating Keyboard:
I’ve noticed on a couple of iPads in our group that your keyboard was floating on the screen (slightly off the bottom). Did you know that you can undock your keyboard and move it up and down on the screen or split it into two(works better in a portrait and type with your thumbs)? Click and hold on the keyboard icon (lower right), to dock/split or if you are another person wondering why your keyboard is so high on the screen, select dock.

App of the week: For those aspiring engineers, try Bridge Constructor (on sale $0.99). Building a bridge for a car is easy, try making it strong enough to hold the trucks. Hours of fun for those of us who think pocket protectors serve a function. LOL

Hope you enjoy these tips. Don’t forget, if you have a great tip or app, pass it on.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have Apps gone Free app on your phone? It’s great, they have apps free for a day or two. Some are not that great but sometimes you get lucky, also depending on what you are into. Look into it, I love it for the kids and for me too, I have gotten lots of photography apps on this app.

    ReplyDelete