Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Episode 42: Email, Contacts & Calendar Settings

Hi Everyone,

Well it’s the beginning of a new year, and we’ll start the year with some simple email tips. Reading through my email, I’m finding more and more people responding to your email from your mobile devices.

Signature: Mail Settings
Did you know that you can add/change the signature on your device? Have you seen what others see when they receive your email? If you go to your mail settings on your device, you will see the default signature. In most cases (Apple), it will say “Sent from my iPhone”.

Default Alert Times: Calendar Settings
 If you always want a reminder when you set a calendar event, go to “Default Alert Times” and set the default. If you have Birthdays in your contact, set the reminder to alert you the day before (I’ll remind you when my birthday comes up in June).

Calendar: Calendar Settings
 Do you have multiple calendars? You can set your default calendar in “Calendar Settings”. Are you like me and have multiple Google Calendars (default, Family, etc.)? This one is from iPhone and iPad users. From your device, launch Safari and go to www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect. Sign in and select your calendars you want to sync. That’s it…easy as apple pie. Now when I get home and find no one home, I check our “Family” calendar and see that they are at the HS for Jazz Band…oops, I better get going too…or maybe I’ll enjoy the quiet.

Here’s a side note. Did you know that the Calendar Icon displays the current date?

No comments:

Post a Comment